Welcome to the Tithe Deception.


This blog is meant to help Christians that believe they don't have to pay for Salvation but are confused by the cash-tithe deception. It's ludicrous to assume that a man will ask his fiancée for 10% of her income. In the same way Jesus (The Bridegroom) has NEVER asked His Church (The Bride) for a cash-tithe. There is nothing we can do to merit God's love and yet He still loves us. Such a love is incomprehensible. The thought of it is humbling and all we can do is surrender without any plea.

Para Español por favor visite: http://diezmodecepcion.blogspot.com/



Tuesday, January 16, 2007

What is a tithe? Malachi 3:10

Malachi 3:10: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the LORD Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
In this Scripture, God has given us a clear and informative interpretation of what tithes are. He uses the words “storehouse” and “food” to identify what He is “being robbed of.” Nowhere in this verse does God use the words “money,” “cash,” “gold,” “silver,” or any other form of currency in order to describe or define tithes!
I am completely aware of the argument which alleges that there was no actual currency at the time, and therefore, the people, being farmers, used food as a form of currency. We are going to learn just how big of a lie that allegation is in just a moment, but before we do, we must understand that whoever dares to add or take anything from God’s Word is doing the equivalent of picking a fight with the Almighty. “God will add to him the plagues described in this book and God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city.” Revelation 22:18b and 19b
It’s okay for us to view history as a source for understanding God’s Word. However, this is not a valid option when the part of history that we are talking about is already found in the Bible. If the availability of currency has already been recorded in God’s Word, which we will get to in a moment, then we should accept it. Getting out of God’s Word and viewing what is obvious in our own minds is leaning on our own understanding.
The Bible teaches in Malachi 3:10 that God’s tithe was food. Therefore, we should honor His Word, because it also clearly states that there was plenty of monetary currency available to have a cash-tithe if He wanted it that way. For instance, here’s the proof that currency was so well known and used during the time of Abraham that it even fluctuated. Genesis 23:16b: “four hundred shekels of silver, according to the weight current among the merchants.”
Here’s the proof that trade, which goes hand in hand with currency, had been an ancient business even during the Bible era. 1st Chronicles 4:22b and 23a: “These records are from ancient times. They were the potters.” There is also proof that merchants and traders were abundant enough to be considered a source of monetary revenue for kings. 2nd Chronicles 9:14a: “not including the revenues brought in by merchants and traders.”
The following explanation also proves that hundreds of thousands of Israelites did have access to and used currency. According to Deuteronomy 14:24-26, the Israelites that lived far from God’s chosen place of sacrifice would change their tithe into silver, so they could travel lighter and once at the place of sacrifice they were to use the silver to buy their tithe back. According to Exodus 12:37, 600,000 men followed Moses out of Egypt to go and settle the Promised Land. A conservative percentage of those that lived too far from the place of Sacrifice to carry their tithe would be about 50% or 300,000 men. From the start, 300,000 men were following God’s orders to use currency and this number would grow with each passing year. God gave 300,000 of His children the command to use currency to travel. Therefore, the Bible teaches that currency was abundant and available. Knowing this should make us suspicious of anyone who looks towards “history” and claims there was no currency.
These are just a few biblical examples of the abundance of a monetary currency. There are many more to be found, like the one in Exodus 30:11-16, in which every male, which was over 600,000, needed to be atoned for with money! Sounds unbelievable? Read Exodus 38:26 and see that 603,550 men participated in the census and paid the half shekel!

8 comments:

Cloudsz said...

I just discovered this article I know it is an older one. I just wanted to add something about when people use Malachi to make people feel guilty....They say we are robbing God from tithes and offerings. Well in 1 cor.6:10 it says no thieves will inherit the kingdom so they are in fact saying we will go to hell if we don't tithe because we stole from God.Thats a huge accusation and I am glad you wrote this article. Me and a friend have been talking about this for years and now have bible study in his home because we can't find a church that doesn't put that bondage on people..Thanks, Ellyn

Rev. Amós Ortiz said...

Thank you Ellyn.

I’m always glad to hear that others love God enough to want His truth.
Feel free to use these posts as study tools for yourself and your friend.
And, here's a link to a video a recently posted on youtube…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kOJsLuhBE

You can also view the video by searching, “Jesus is our Tithe” on youtube.

Thanks again. Your questions and comments are welcome.

Regards,



Rev. Amós Ortiz

Unknown said...

Hi Rev Amos,

Thanks for honestly sharing your views on tithing. I've been surfing around to read up on the different perspectives around this controversial topic. I have learned alot from your blog. I am preparing to release my new book entitled Believers with Benefits: Tithing Testimonies. I have been giving tithes since I was a young girl and I have received many blessings as a result. I believe God has been faithful to His word around tithing and being cheerful givers. How would you explain these many financial blessings I have received? Now, don't get me wrong...I know that other things in my walk of faith have to be lined up but I really believe that I have repeatedly seen the hand of God bless me over and over again in unprecedented ways. So...how would you explain this? I look forward to hearing from you. Have a blessed day.

By the way, I have started my own blog at http://believerswithbenefits.blogspot.com/. I'd like to hear your thoughts as well: Tithing: Church Scam or Godly Plan? Stop by when you can.

Rev. Amós Ortiz said...

Hello Jubilee Mosley,

Thank you for your comment and questions.

My views??? The Holy Spirit is the one who inspired the Word and I take no credit for it. Nevertheless, it is truly an honor for me to explain your blessings to you.

This is how I explain your unprecedented blessings. Mark 9:41, “Truly I tell you, anyone who gives you a cup of water in my name because you belong to the Messiah will certainly not lose their reward.” And as proof that this Scripture is effective: I am also highly blessed, financially and in many other ways, yet I don’t tithe my money; but what’s more interesting is that I teach others not to tithe their money. So if cash-tithing is the key to God’s blessings then… how would you explain this?

The blessings that you and I have are no excuse for claiming that God’s tithe is cash. I know of many examples that are the opposite of your experience. So… how would you explain the many financial hardships that countless have suffered as a direct result of faithfully tithing their cash money?

You see, we could go on and on about financial examples that are on both sides of the controversy and end up getting nowhere because we would be talking about our personal perspectives on the subject; aka leaning on our own understanding.

What is truly important is eternity. If we plan to spend eternity with Him, then we must learn to trust in His views and not ours; even if that means having a blind faith in His Word. God is the one that established a food tithe. That is not my personal view or idea. All glory be to God, not me.

For a better understanding of God’s established food tithe, see my 10 minute study on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6kOJsLuhBE

God bless you, and remember; God loves you, not your money.



Rev. Ortiz

Anonymous said...

Rev Ortiz,
You are one of a few pastors that I have come across that really teaches God's truth about the tithes and I thank God for people like you. There are too many blind guides in church today teaching this cash tithing from income which is completely umbilical as you have pointed out. I myself have been writing about this error for a number of years now though I am no pastor myself. The teachings on this subject are so depraved today that you will see some teaching that you won't go to heaven if you don't tithe money yet God's tithe is food. Keep speaking the truth sir.

Rev. Amós Ortiz said...

Brother Henry,

Thank you for those words! At times I honestly feel that I alienate a lot of people by preaching the truth, but it sure feels good when someone like you comes along.

Please enjoy my latest video, Jesus and the Tithe. It’s less than nine minutes and will provide you with material for your writings. http://youtu.be/zsYdZJi74zc

God Bless,


Rev. Ortiz

Unknown said...

Thank you for this exposition, i used to Tithe too until i learnt the truth based on the bible,i have stopped tithing for over 5years and the lords blessing on my life is immense, my curiousity about the tithes doctrine started from looking at faithful tithers who always seems to be in lack or want,equally i know some that died in poverty ,i begin to question the promises in Malachi and saw the error of this doctrine, the principle cannot stand the test of the blood of Jesus,what is required to recieve from God is simply asking with faith,thank you sir , we hope you will continue to expose this doctrine.

Rev. Amós Ortiz said...

Thank you for your comment, Akin Ody. I'm also on YouTube. Here's one of my video studies... https://youtu.be/zsYdZJi74zc God bless you.